Authorized service for SSD upgrade in Bay Area?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Florida Gator, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Florida Gator macrumors regular

I'm going to get a refurbished 2010 27" iMac and want to put an SSD in it. I'm not quite up for the install myself, so I would like a authorized technician to do it for me and hopefully not mess with any warranty grey areas.

I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area, so a Google search yields many results. But it's hard finding a company that seems reputable and will do the upgrade with an SSD of my supplying on a 2010 iMac.

Anybody know of somebody or can make a recommendation?

2. John T macrumors 68020

John T

Why not look for your local Apple Authorised Service Centre on the Apple website? They will give you a quotation for work carried out and should they do the job the work will carry an Apple warranty.

3. Florida Gator thread starter macrumors regular

Because a lot of them from Apple's websites have horrific reviews on Yelp. I was hoping somebody here had experience with any.

4. John T macrumors 68020

John T

Never trust everything you read on a site like that. After all, they are other people's opinions and they are approved by Apple! Check them out yourself - it costs nothing to ask.

5. coolspot18 macrumors 65816

And they're really geniuses who work at the Apple Store.

I say take the reviews with a grain of salt, but there is probably some truth to the reviews.

6. John T macrumors 68020

John T

Who said anything about the Apple Store?!

7. Florida Gator thread starter macrumors regular

I was just curious to see if any recommendations here helped.

8. SundayDuffer macrumors 6502

SundayDuffer

Im debating whether i should add an additional ssd to my 2011 or go with pegasus via thunderbolt. If i decide to go with ssd self-installation via chargedpc's guide, would you want to hook up and we both can help each others installing both yours and mine? Im in San Jose.