Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Florida Gator

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 26, 2004
I'm going to get a refurbished 2010 27" iMac and want to put an SSD in it. I'm not quite up for the install myself, so I would like a authorized technician to do it for me and hopefully not mess with any warranty grey areas.

I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area, so a Google search yields many results. But it's hard finding a company that seems reputable and will do the upgrade with an SSD of my supplying on a 2010 iMac.

Anybody know of somebody or can make a recommendation?

John T

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2006
UK.
Why not look for your local Apple Authorised Service Centre on the Apple website? They will give you a quotation for work carried out and should they do the job the work will carry an Apple warranty.

Florida Gator

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 26, 2004
Why not look for your local Apple Authorised Service Centre on the Apple website? They will give you a quotation for work carried out and should they do the job the work will carry an Apple warranty.

Because a lot of them from Apple's websites have horrific reviews on Yelp. I was hoping somebody here had experience with any.

John T

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2006
UK.
Because a lot of them from Apple's websites have horrific reviews on Yelp. I was hoping somebody here had experience with any.

Never trust everything you read on a site like that. After all, they are other people's opinions and they are approved by Apple! Check them out yourself - it costs nothing to ask.

coolspot18

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2010
Canada
After all, they are other people's opinions and they are approved by Apple!

And they're really geniuses who work at the Apple Store.

I say take the reviews with a grain of salt, but there is probably some truth to the reviews.

SundayDuffer

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2011
I was just curious to see if any recommendations here helped.

Im debating whether i should add an additional ssd to my 2011 or go with pegasus via thunderbolt. If i decide to go with ssd self-installation via chargedpc's guide, would you want to hook up and we both can help each others installing both yours and mine? Im in San Jose.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.