Authorizing iWork

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by iRach, Jan 14, 2010.

1. iRach macrumors member

iRach

Hi,

I have been using the downloadable trial version of iWork and have just bought a copy. Am I right in thinking that if you buy a disc rather than a serial number you have to install it and there is no serial number to input on the box?
    If this is the case do i need to uninstall the trial version before installing the disc copy?

As always, many thanks for any advice :)

2. PeggyD macrumors 6502a

Yes, you do need to uninstall the trial first, especially if you're using Snow Leopard. It used to be that to update the trial to the licensed version with the box, you just inserted the DVD & ran the installer to convert the trial to licensed. This has changed with Snow Leopard. You now need to delete the trial & then reinstall from the boxed DVD. The files to delete are the iWork ’09 folder from HD > Applications; the iWork ’09 folder in HD > Library > Application Support & the individual iWork application plist files found in HD > Users > (your account) > Library > Preferences for each user. You may also need to check the main HD > Library > Application Support folder for an iWork '09 folder & delete that, too.

3. iRach thread starter macrumors member

iRach

4. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Note that you only need to do this if the trial version you downloaded is newer than the image used to create the retail disc. It is not unique to 10.6 from what I am aware of.

5. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

If you run into problems try deleting these files and reinstall from your new retail disc

<bootVolume>:Applications: iWork '09

<bootVolume>:library: preferences: com.apple.iWork09.Installer.plist
    <bootVolume>:library: preferences: com.apple.iWork09.plist

<bootVolume>:Users:<userAccount>:Library:preferences:com.apple.iWork.Keynote.plist
    <bootVolume>:Users:<userAccount>:Library:preferences:com.apple.iWork.Numbers.plist
    <bootVolume>:Users:<userAccount>:Library:preferences:com.apple.iWork.Pages.plist

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

6. iRach thread starter macrumors member

iRach

Thank you all :)
    iWork installed and working happily :apple: