Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

schmidt-happens

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 30, 2013
Hi, I'm trying to find a way to auto-arrange my desktop icons towards the bottom of the screen instead of the right. They always block the wallpaper on the right. It's unattractive. I've been googling it, and there doesn't seem to be a solution, but I'm thinking that's impossible because it looks so terrible. Arranging it manually is inconvenient considering how many files I sort per day. Does anybody have a solution? Cheers.

Gregg2

macrumors 604
May 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
I can put them anywhere I want and they stay put. The exception to that is the root HD icon and any mounted disk or drive. I have some on the right and some on the left. When needed, I start running them along the bottom. I shut down 6 or 7 days a week, and the icons come back where I had them every time. But anything I move to the Desktop, such as a new alias for example, will go to the right side. I have to move it, only once. If you're looking for a way to avoid that, I don't know if you can. But seriously, that's not a big deal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.