Auto-Brightness dimming

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by FoxD, Apr 24, 2015.

1. FoxD macrumors 6502

Looks like it automatically dims and no option to turn it off. :(

Anyone else notice? I prefer a bright screen at all times so hopefully they let us change that later. Test it in light to dark room. It's not super quick but gradual.

2. Vaxace macrumors newbie

Yes I've noticed it also. Not really happy with how low it takes the brightness down either. Some of the text for some apps is hard to read at low brightness and overall some screens look washed out. I suspect the 'Apple knows best' brute force lack of an option and end user control is missing in order to preserve battery and ensure people don't claim early on that the battery life is terrible. I'm with you, an option is required to shut off the auto brightness. It did detect well though. In bright rooms it turned brightness up way beyond the level it even allows the user to raise it to. Suspect this 'feature' will work well in bright sunlight and is also part of the apple knows best mindset.. At least my watch isn't defective, I was heading to the store today to compare. Also explains why all the apple watches in the store on display are bright. The lighting in the stores is significant.... Love to hear from others regarding this feature......