Auto Brightness does not work - ios 6.0

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aka777, Nov 12, 2012.

1. aka777 macrumors 6502a

I noticed the other day that auto-brightness (and dim) no longer works. I thought, it might just be just my iPhone. However, I have another iPhone 4S and it does the exact same thing.

The auto-brightness does not adjust at all in dark rooms.

2. bjb.butler macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

3. bhigh8 macrumors 6502

How can I test this. I never see mine adjust. Wondering if mine works. I have it at about 50% and auto on.

4. aka777 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Using two iphone's, one verizon and the other AT&T, neither automatically dim in a dark room. Switching from on to off at 3/4 of the way has zero affect.

----------

1. In a dark room, go to your iphone's brightness settings and switch the Auto-Brightness setting to off.
    2. Manually adjust the brightness to about 3/4 of the way, but not all the way to the brightest.
    3. Then switch the auto-brightness to On and it should dim.

5. darster Suspended

I noticed that too. Does not work on mine either. Just tested it. I always have auto brightness off, but tried with it on and brightness set at 75% and it did not dim or brighten at all in a dark room or light room.

6. duneriderltr450 macrumors 6502

duneriderltr450

Mine didn't seem to be working too but I just noticed when I go into settings and click on brightness I can see the bar moving up when I turn on my lights. And then move down very slowly when I turn off the lights. Maybe I didn't notice it because it was dimming so slow.

7. bhigh8 macrumors 6502

yeah, mine didnt change at all. my wifes 4 did though. so i suspect my auto dim doesnt work. will there be a fix. i dont really care too much about it, but just wondered.

8. Afbar1114 macrumors 6502a

i just noticed this too i was about to open a thread about it...it was working fine when i first got it

9. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Works fine here. In fact working better than any previous version of iOS dating back to 2007.