Auto Brightness not adjusting

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by WhySoSerious, Jul 17, 2008.

1. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

anyone else having issues with Auto Brightness not auto adjusting? i initially had the brightness set at 100% and throughout the day, it's remained there.

2. DanielJvdBerg macrumors regular

I have this too. Don't know wether it's a bug or not.

3. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

What are you guys talking about? What do you mean by "remained there?" Are you talking about the blue dot? It's not supposed to move. Is that what you were expecting?

4. WhySoSerious thread starter macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

yeah. i have the blue dot set to max brightness, but the phone doesn't auto adjust the brightness.....it always stays at max.

5. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

It's supposed to stay where you put it. That shows what you set, not what the brightness is.

Try this: Turn the auto-setting on and off. See any change? If not, put it at 20% brightness and turn it on and off. Depending on the brightness of the room you're in, one of these might respond and one might not. But at some point you should see the screen change brightness. The dot will NOT change when that happens. It's not supposed to. It's just reporting what you want, not what it is.

6. Learjet035 macrumors 6502

Mine isn't dimming like my old 2g.
    I have to manually brighten it in the am for all day, then once night rolls around it dims, but only slightly so I have to manually lower it again.
    Back n forth... everyday
    Yes- Auto is selected
    Anyone else?