Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Black Dawg Down

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 1, 2011
Anyone found the Auto Brightness f'ed up on the new iPad?

Firstly it's way brighter than iOS 5. I mean a lot.

Then if I go from a semi-bright room to a dark room, it doesn't get darker until I switch it off then back on again.

Similarly if I go from dark to semi-bright.

Strangely it does adjust automatically if I go from semi to bright i.e if I switch on a ceiling light. But if I switch the light off the screen remains bright.

msingewald

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2008
I have also noticed this. While in the dark I toggled auto on and off I saw no change, then with the lights on and toggling again I saw no change in brightness. Surprising oversight.

pdqgp

macrumors 68020
Mar 23, 2010
Here too. I don't use it ever as I really never cared for how it worked, but reading this thread I tried it and like yours it doesn't respond to changes.

jacobss

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2012
Netherlands
Actually it works great now, at first I thought it doesn't work but I noticed it works different now, it adjust itself as soon as you press the home/lock button, before it used to adjust itself when you unlock the device. One thing, the screen always remains bright, it never dims when you turn off the light or go to a dark room, it was always like that, only thing I dislike about it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.