auto brightness vs keeping screen semi dim - what is easier on battery?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vegas-steven, Aug 16, 2008.

1. vegas-steven macrumors regular

I know this may seem like a no brainer but sometimes advanced powermanagent type systems can Dow good job.

Someguy on the strip here in vegas where I work handed me his iPhone to take a photo. I notced how bright his screen looked compared to mime. I simply turned my brightnessdown a bunch to conserve power, but can auto brightness do just as good a job with battery life?

What do you think?

2. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

I do both: keep the level at about 40%, and have auto-brightness on. That saves me a lot of battery life. I don't think one or the other works as well on their own.

3. Chris Rogers macrumors 6502a

Chris Rogers

Agreed, I keep mine on auto and 60%. One charge will last from 7:30am until about midnight with 20%-30% leftover. My talk time is definitely below 60min/day and I use WIFI and 3G like it's my job :p

4. vegas-steven thread starter macrumors regular

I tend to use edge it seems AT&T has pretty decent speeds here in vegas. I use 3g in the car so my radio doesn't buzz and I can charge the phone at the same time

I will try those settings though. I should point out I have a matte non glare screen protector that reduces the screens brilliance too, but it is a lifesaver in the sun