Auto-Brightness

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Resist, Dec 31, 2010.

1. Resist macrumors 68030

Why is it that the Auto-Brightness function on the iPhone an iPad doesn't work like it does on the Macbook Pro? My Macbook Pro version of this function is fantastic and adjusts accordingly to ambient lighting conditions. Yet on my iPhone and iPad it's just a pain in my side because in order to get it to work I have to hit the power/sleep button to get it to do anything. What the heck was Apple thinking with this?

2. celticpride678

It would probably take more battery and performance to continue to change the brightness.

3. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

True, but they aren't going to do it right, then why do it at all? Besides, the iPad already has more battery time than my 13' Macbook Pro with Auto-Brightness done right.

4. Resist, Jan 5, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2011

Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

Auto-Brightness getting on my nerves now. I run the Sling app during the day on my iPad and then when I want to use it at night, I keep forgetting to change my brightness settings, because auto-brightness doesn't change it much at all.

UPDATE: Sorry, this post was supposed to be in the iPad thread.

5. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Just as some input Auto-Brightness never worked correctly for me on the 3G. On my original and 4 usually it changes the brightness level within 10 seconds of a drastic ambient lighting change.