Auto-Brightness

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Resist, Aug 27, 2011.

1. Resist macrumors 68030

Is anyone else as unpleased about the iPad and iphone's auto-brightness feature as I am? On these devices, it only will auto adjust up in brightness. So to get it to dim down, you have to cycle the sleep/power button.

However this feature on my Macbook Pro couldn't be more pleasant of an experience. It keeps my screen and keyboard light levels at the perfect brightness when I move through different rooms in my house. It even turns off the keyboard backlight when in a bright setting. I have never had a laptop that does this so well and I am stumped as to why Apple didn't incorporate this same feature in the iPad or iPhone. I thought it would have been in the iPad at least, since this device is used as a laptop replacement for many.

2. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    Auto-brightness has worked very well on my iPad 2. That's one setting I've never had to change no matter where I am.

Do you have auto-brightness turned on?

3. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

4. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

I have an iPad 1st generation an yes auto-brightness is turned on. I find it no different in how it works as it does on my iPhone 4. Which by comparison to my 2010 13" Macbook Pro, sucks. Auto-brightness is so much more responsiveness and functional on my MBP.