Auto brightness

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ToddH, Feb 15, 2012.

1. ToddH macrumors 6502a

ToddH

I have a question regarding the auto brightness setting on the iPhone. Whenever my auto brightness is turned on it gets brighter when I walk into a brighter room but want to go back into a darker room it does not automatically dim down again until I put the phone in standby and turn it back on again so the sensor sees that it's dark again and adjusts accordingly. Do your phones automatically adjust to bright and dim locations without putting the phone in standby?

Todd

2. saberahul macrumors 68040

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Nope, have the same Problem. iPad does work but not iPhone.

3. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Sadly, autobrightness is a flaw in the iphone devices. Technically, when you walk from a bright room to a darker room, it should automatically adjust the brightness of the screen but it doesn't and appears to be one way only. I know that this works on my MBP where if I'm in a dark room it automatically dims the screen where I set it to the lowest setting. If I turn on the light, the screen automatically brightens.

I hope apple figures this out and fix it.