Auto brightness

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Ganges, Jul 3, 2010.

1. Ganges macrumors member

Hmmm, this doesn't seem to work? The screen does seem to darken when I engage this setting, but it never changes brightness after that? I'm new to Apple products, so i'm not sure if i'm testing it correctly. I cover the sensor with cardboard and the brightness does not change. Same issue if I shine a LED flashlight into the sensor. How do I test this? We just did the same test with my son's Iphone 3G with the same result? Huh?

I see lots of complaints on the forum of the same thing, but some say the feature works? Could Apple have turned off the feature in Firmware do to the possible Wifi issue?

Anyone with a "NEW Ipad have OR not have this issue? Please don't tell me this otherwise perfect Ipad has an issue!!!!!!!!!!!

2. ColReb22 macrumors member

When my auto brightness doesn't work I lock and then unlock it and the brightness changes.

3. Ganges thread starter macrumors member

That really didn't do anything when I tried it.

Anyone? Should I ignore this issue?

4. Ganges thread starter macrumors member

Ok then.

I'm going to have to assume every Ipad has this issue and everyone is too depressed about it to discuss the matter at this time

I understand really.

5. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

its more a gradual change from my experience. you can see it change over time. it does it so that you dont even recognise it - which is what it's meant to do :D

i dont see it as an issue

6. Ganges thread starter macrumors member

Thanks. I thought that could be the answer. I still don't really see a change over time, but perhaps it's to subtle to spot? I'm moving on.

With all the talk of yellow screens, bleeding, and embedded dust, i'd never take the chance of returning it anyway!:)

7. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

yea personally ive never seen the bightness bar move - but i hadnt checked that much tbh :D

true about the returns, threats outweigh the positives haha. hope you enjoy your iPad!

8. riam macrumors regular

If you ave the auto brightness activated and the brightness bar in the mínimum it will not change, you leed tío ave the bar with some brightness so the setting in the bar represent the máximum brightness allowed.