Auto click ok with logon to website with password.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mpt-matthew, Dec 27, 2010.

1. mpt-matthew macrumors regular

Firstly i am running chrome.

When i go to some websites (which i have the password stored in keychain) it auto fills in username and passwords, but i have to click ok (seems pointless).
    Other sites (such as facebook) when i load them they already have been logged in.

How to I get it to do this for all websites.

Thanks.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It's not pointless. It gives you an opportunity to change the login info before actually logging in. This is helpful if you have multiple accounts on a site.
    If you clear your cookies, you'd probably have to log into them, as well.

3. mpt-matthew thread starter macrumors regular

I just logout (i.e. log out of facebook) if i want to log into another account.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

That may be your preference, but others may not want to log in automatically, then have to log out, just to log in again. It's more efficient to be able to review or change login info before logging in the first time.

5. mpt-matthew thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, i dont mind that, but i want to customise my mac for me. Im not suggesting every browser should do this, just wondering if i could do it on mine (and giving my reasoning).

6. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Set your browser to never delete cookies. That's pretty much the closest you can get. Many sites set expiration dates on their session cookies to prevent you from being able to go to, say, usaa.com and view all your banking info without providing your credentials.