Auto-conversion in EyeTV

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by blargh-man, Aug 2, 2007.

1. blargh-man macrumors newbie

Hi all,

Is there a way for EyeTV to automatically export the programs I record?

At the moment I need to click on the iPod button for it to export in an AppleTV friendly way. It's not exactly difficult to do but I don't always remember :rolleyes: which is a pain when i want to then wait hours for it to export.

Cheers

2. thagomizer macrumors 6502

Yes. After you schedule the program to record, open its recording options. In there is a checkbox to have it auto-export to iTunes when it's done.

Are you sure you have the latest version, 2.4?

3. OldSkoolNJ macrumors 6502

OldSkoolNJ

What I think he meant is as soon as it is done recording for it to automatically go into video conversion and export to iTunes. Very very oddly enough I was sitting at my iMac down stairs tonight scheduling stuff wondering if this could be done myself. I wish it would do this also. For you that are good with Script or Automator is there something that could be written to trigger once done recording to convert the recording? I looked through the Eye TV program and didnt see anything. I wanted to be able to come home and flip on AppleTV and watch what we recorded.

Kevin :apple:

4. Shoesy macrumors 6502a

Shoesy

No really - see above!

5. sandman42 macrumors 6502a

sandman42

You can do this, as thagomizer said. When you schedule the recording (not after it's done, but before it records), you select "export to AppleTV" upon completion. The show records, re-encodes, exports, and then syncs (or is available for streaming from iTunes), all automatically. You come home, turn on your TV and there it is.

It might be that the OP is looking for a way to do this by default, with all recordings. Not sure if there's a way to do that. Would be a good suggestion for ElGato, though.

Attached Files:

6. OldSkoolNJ macrumors 6502

OldSkoolNJ

Oooooh! *stands corrected* it would be cool if it did it by default. Thanks guys!

Kevin :apple:

7. zooglea macrumors newbie

Thank You

Thank you thank you thank you. Arrr, wish I would have thought of this sooner. Thanks for the time saver.