Auto-Correct Problems with "IM"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by yanathin, Jul 1, 2009.

1. yanathin macrumors member

I've been reading how the new 3.0 OS has been a little less lenient on the auto-correction. I'm not sure if other people are encountering this problem, but I'm experiencing an extremely annoying problem. Whenever I type the letters "im" it automatically corrects it to "IM" in all capitals. Not "I'm" or "i'm", and I cannot even figure out how to NOT automatically correct it to just leave it how it is. Has anybody found a work-around for this? It's absolutely ridiculously annoying and is enough for me to just turn off auto-correct (even though I really find it useful at other times).

2. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

If you keep correcting it it will figure it out.

3. compg318 macrumors regular

I don't expirence that, however you can reset your Keyboard Dictionary

Settings > General > Reset > Reset Keyboard Dictionary.

4. yanathin thread starter macrumors member

I've reset my dictionary and everything. It still insists on correcting it, no matter how many times I tell it not to...

5. yanathin thread starter macrumors member

Solved it! In case anybody else has a problem like this, I had a contact with the last name set as IM. So this means that the new 3.0 OS adds contact names to the dictionary automatically.

6. daonesteven macrumors 6502

yea I have someone on my contacts with the last name "Im" and it auto corrects I'm as Im