Auto Deleting Junk Mail???

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jmarkt, Jun 9, 2012.

1. jmarkt macrumors member

Mail 5.2 is doing a good job of filtering junk mail, but it will not automatically delete it. Under Preferences/Accounts/Mailbox Behaviors, I've tried selecting "Quitting Mail" and "One Day Old" under the Junk options; however, all junk emails remain from day to day. I have to manually delete them.

Any ideas???

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Yes, it will. Go to Mail > Preferences > Junk Mail > Advanced and under "Perform the following actions", select "Delete Message". I don't use that option, as it's possible that it may delete something that was incorrectly flagged as junk mail. I prefer to look at the junk mail folder before emptying it, just in case.

3. jmarkt thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, that will work. Like you, I prefer to look at them prior to being deleted - THEN have Mail delete them within 24 hours. That's the function I can't get to work????

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You can elect to move them to the junk folder immediately, but not to auto-delete them 24 hours after they're moved. You could also elect to have them automatically delete after 24 hours, but that wouldn't move them to the junk folder prior to deleting.

5. Bobby.e macrumors 6502