iPad auto download news

Discussion in 'iPad' started by linds15, Feb 4, 2014.

1. linds15 macrumors 6502a

i am going to start subway-ing to work everyday, and will have 40 minutes of no internet, but time to read news. i was hoping someone could help me with either an app, news source, or some way of getting things to download in the morning, and being saved for offline viewing so when i get to the subway i can sit and read.

are they any newspapers that offer an auto-download? or is there any way to use Instapaper to autodownload from some sort of news feeds? i dont care if i dont want to read all the articles, i just want options to scroll through and read.

also i know i can use reading list, but the idea im going for is in the morning have the latest news ready for offline viewing

thanks

2. colodane macrumors 6502a

colodane

The New York Times iPad app has auto download in the morning that works well. Some graphics/photos will need an internet connection to load, but all the text will be there along with some graphics. If you like this paper, there will be more than enough content to keep you occupied for 40 minutes.

3. gatearray macrumors 65816

I use Reading List for purposes like this, collecting articles throughout the day that are kept for Offline Reading when I'm on the train, it works great.

4. maccompaq macrumors 65816

maccompaq

After downloading the news or an app, how do you delete it from the iPad?