Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BASRPH

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 27, 2010
Central Illinois
I recently changed my Facebook password. Now when I bring up the FB app n my IPad and click on login box the keyboard appears and the auto fill option also appears. However when I click on autofill it places the old password in that box. I have changed it in settings but don't know what to do next. Any suggestions ??

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
Have you tried logging out of FB and then logging back in using the keyboard to manually enter your new password initially (don't use Autofill the first time)?

BASRPH

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 27, 2010
Central Illinois
After playing around a little I went into settings, Safari, and found the auto fill password function. I deleted the Facebook selection. That solved the problem of it filling in the old password BUT now the auto fill does not even appear when I bring up Facebook. How do I re-add Facebook to the list of apps that auto fill will on? I don't see an add option.

ZEEN0j

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2014
After playing around a little I went into settings, Safari, and found the auto fill password function. I deleted the Facebook selection. That solved the problem of it filling in the old password BUT now the auto fill does not even appear when I bring up Facebook. How do I re-add Facebook to the list of apps that auto fill will on? I don't see an add option.

Sign out and when signing in you'll get a pop up asking if you want to save.

BASRPH

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 27, 2010
Central Illinois
I signed into FB, then logged out. When I logged in again I did not get the pop-up box you mentioned. Do I need to change something in settings?

ZEEN0j

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2014
Safari or Facebook app? Cause you should get a pop up if you sign in with a new password in safari.

ZEEN0j

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2014
iCloud will only auto fill in safari. If you want to do it in other apps then you need a third party password manager. But the app will have to support this. Right now only a handful apps do.

Edit: Since Facebook is integrated in iOS. I guess you might need to update the password in settings. Then it should auto fill if you're not signed in already.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.