Auto Imports into iPhoto

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by roycemac, Nov 6, 2015.

1. roycemac, Nov 6, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2015

roycemac macrumors member

Since El Capitan update, I went to connect my iPad & iPhone to import my pics into iPhoto (on my desktop) but they were already imported into ALL PHOTOS without me connecting.
    I use Photostream to get all new pics to all devices but I don't let photo stream upload my entire photo library.

This is a problem because
    A. If they all automatically go to ALL PHOTOS instead of LAST IMPORT, I have no idea what photos were already copied into my albums.
    B. I edit out the ones I don't want on my devices prior to IMPORT, but they are already imported without me connecting so my deletions only delete from my mobile device, not my Mac
    C. I now have to select and delete on my devices which is tedious

I did a test and confirmed that a pic taken on any of my mobile devices goes to Photo Stream on all devices and my Desktop.
    It also goes to ALL PHOTOS on my Desktop.
    If I delete it from the Camera Roll where it was originally created, it disappears from everywhere EXCEPT ALL PHOTOS on my Desktop, which makes it a permanent part of iPhoto.

2. roycemac thread starter macrumors member

I can't believe that this is not happening to anyone else or no one else is bothered by this.
    I am really alone on this.....or am I missing something so obvious that I just can't see it?