Auto-Lock greyed out after iOS4 upgrade

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by DeckerdUK, Jun 17, 2010.

1. DeckerdUK macrumors newbie

Hi All

Got a weird one here.

Downloaded and installed onto my 3GS iOS4 GM from Apple, install went OK, restore of data (using iTunes 9.2) went OK no problems at all but noticed that auto-lock in now greyed out and I couldn't change the settings.

Thought this was a bit weird so did the upgrade to iOS4 again this time checking that auto lock was accessible, which it was, immediately after the upgrade. Continued with the restore of my data only to notice afterwards that auto lock was greyed out again!

I figure this is an issue with either the data or iTunes but for the life of me can't think why. Have any of you any thoughts on this?

Thanks for any help in advance.

2. DeckerdUK thread starter macrumors newbie

You sir, are my new best friend :D Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Removed Exchange account and instantly got my auto-lock back.

3. Bakafish macrumors member

If you are using Exchange for Google Sync, Google Premier Edition users can go to the Mobile settings panel on your Google Admin page and change the timeout value. It is defaulting to the minimum value of 1 minute. You have to enable password auto-locking to do so though, but truthfully you should probably have that enabled anyway right?

4. i-cubed macrumors newbie

Just ran the patch; still a problem

I had no problems running the patch via Safari. It installs.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Reboot - still grayed out:
    [​IMG]

:eek: