Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

str0ppy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
Quite often the auto-lock function on my iPhone doesn't work and the screen will stay on, even though it's set to 30 seconds.

I've restarted the phone, did a hard reset and after that contacted Apple support, but the first thing they wanted to do was reset the phone to factory settings because it's on iOS 15.1 beta. I told them that this was happening with the stable iOS 15 release, but there was nothing they would do other than eliminate the beta software as the cause as a first step. Looks like I can't get Apple support until 15.1 is officially out. No big deal.

Has anyone else had this since upgrading to iOS 15? Or perhaps it's not that at all and it's just a coincidence. It's not happening all the time, but seems to be getting more frequent. Can be with any app in the forefront, or just the home screen.

Thanks!

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
Beta software is chocked full of bugs and the first public release of iOS 15 was still beta for all intents and purposes

Reactions: AppleWes

str0ppy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
Beta software is chocked full of bugs and the first public release of iOS 15 was still beta for all intents and purposes
Ok that makes sense. Would be helpful to me if anyone else had noticed the same thing.

kstewart61

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2020
I am on beta 2 and mine is working as it should. I get great results from all of my beta downloads never a major issue.

BrettDS

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2012
Orlando
The phones with Face ID also know when you’re looking at the phone and won’t turn off if you are looking at it. So if you’re sitting and staring at the phone waiting for it to auto lock, then it never will. If you set the phone on a desk and don’t pay attention to it, then it should auto lock in the time you have set.

vetoes

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2017
I have the same issue on 15.2. Never had beta version. I have just noticed it few days ago, I think when I updated. Did you found a fix?

str0ppy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
I have the same issue on 15.2. Never had beta version. I have just noticed it few days ago, I think when I updated. Did you found a fix?
I think I did. I had Require Attention for Face ID turned on as I couldn't unlock my phone with my aviators on - I recently turned it off and haven't had the problem since.

vetoes

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2017
I think I did. I had Require Attention for Face ID turned on as I couldn't unlock my phone with my aviators on - I recently turned it off and haven't had the problem since.
I had it off the whole time, however when I went to check I have noticed new option called Attention Aware Features that was right below the one that you mention and I have turned that one off and it is fine now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.