General Auto-Lock With Low Battery?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by AppleRob., Dec 28, 2012.

1. AppleRob. macrumors newbie

Hello, i'm currently running the iOS6 tethered jailbreak on my iPod Touch 4th Generation.

The problem i have is that when my battery runs out, i have to reboot using the desktop computer with Redsn0w as the jailbreak becomes inactive. My laptop has Ubuntu 11.04 installed and it seems impossible to run redsn0w on this operating system.

When i am using my Touch, the battery usually goes at 2% so i often plug into a power source at 3% or 4%. But more and more recently i have found myself in the mood where i can't be bothered to plug in because it means getting up and searching for the charger, and then the battery goes much to my frustration meaning my device is somewhat useless. (It's actually semi-tethered so i can run some apps, but not many).

Is there an app or tweak which will automatically lock the iPod when the power gets critically low, or perhaps some combination using Activator which would work instead?

Having something like this would come in very handy, especially when i am stopping at my grandparents house where i do not have my computer with me to boot up again.

Many thanks, and i hope you can help. :)

2. VTECaddict macrumors 6502

1) Charge it as often as you can so you always have juice. No use in running it all the way down all the time, especially when you're running a tethered JB.

2) Just get your lazy butt up and charge it. What exactly will such an app (if it exists) accomplish?

So it locks you out from using your iPod...you're still too lazy to charge it anyways...it still dies...you still have to tether boot it...ergo you've solved nothing. Am I missing something? :confused:

I think a better solution is to have your charger more readily available. And bring one to your grandparents' house. Or just have self control and not use it when you know it will die so that it will last until you can plug it in.

3. AppleRob. thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay, i completely understand what you mean about being lazy, but sometimes (and this is the main point i didn't remember to put in) i don't realise that the battery is as low as it is. In most landscape apps such as Angry Birds you cannot see the battery indicator at all which often leads to the power running out before i notice.

The purpose would be to automatically lock the device rather than shut it down, so when i arrive at a power source i can plug it in.

For example, when i'm at college i will run the battery down to 4% in lunchtime and then the device can automatically lock itself to notify me that the power level is at a critical level. Then i'd think to myself "Why the **** has my iPod just locked itself?! Oh the battery must have reached a very bad level!"

Charge it back up during lecture time and save then this will save the device from 'un-jailbreaking' again when the battery runs out.

Hopefully that makes sense. (Probably doesn't though) :)

4. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

Nope, that doesn't make sense. You said you used to charge it when it's 3-4% and some Apps don't tell you the battery life; however iDevices have a pop up warning when your battery is below 20%,10% and 5%. Charge it when it says that!

5. AppleRob. thread starter macrumors newbie

No you're missing the point. :rolleyes:

Between 4% and 5% (The minimum value you mentioned) there is an extra three minutes worth of power in some cases and i never like to charge up until absolutely necessary... Trust me there is a little sense in what i'm saying.

Can someone just tell me how i would do this rather than telling me i'm lazy etc. :(

I've given LowBatteryBanner a go but that notifications won't appear and i can't work it out. There isn't an option in the notification settings.