Auto lock

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MEK99, Aug 30, 2014.

1. MEK99, Aug 30, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2014

MEK99 macrumors newbie

I've tried to disable auto lock in settings, it does not provide me with the option 'Never'. I can only set auto lock 1-5 minutes. I need to disable it to monitor my cycle distance app. Help.

----------

P.s. I am using iPhone 5 and I have the latest iOS 7 version.

Attached Files:

2. Brian Y macrumors 68040

Do you have any profiles or exchange accounts installed?

3. MEK99 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. illusionx macrumors 6502

That's weird. I have it. And I have an exchange account. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409420301.432330.jpg

5. dwfaust macrumors 601

dwfaust

It’s not the exchange account, it’s the policy settings associated with the exchange account. The owner of the exchange account (your employer?) can restrict what settings are required/prevented on a device that has that exchange account active.

6. MEK99 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have an old employer account setup in exchange. I've not deleted it as I thought it would delete my contacts? Would that happen?

7. illusionx macrumors 6502

When you turn off the contacts for an account, it should ask you to keep or erase the contacts from the phone.

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Whoever administers your company's Exchange account has imposed certain restrictions on devices that connect to the Exchange account. One of these restrictions is that phones that connect MUST have a passcode lock and cannot be set to never for security purposes.

As this is part of the Exchange protocol your company has decided upon, there is NO way to change the setting, besides removing the Exchange account entirely or convincing your company's IT department to remove the restriction.