Auto login Mac Mini after power cut

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking' started by Narked Diver, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Narked Diver macrumors regular

Narked Diver

Hi,

My Mac Mini is running Mac OS Server and is acting as the DNS sever for my AirPort Extreme

We are getting a lot of short power cuts recently and when the power comes back on the internet is not accessible until I power on and log in to the Mac Mini and it's DNS server becomes available

I am looking to buy a UPS to help alleviate this issue but in the meantime is it possible to have the Mac Mini auto start and log in to a basic, low authority user profile when the power comes back on or is the best I can hope for is to power on the Mac Mini manually and then have it log in to the low authority user automatically?

Thanks in advance

2. steve123 macrumors regular

Easy peasy.

Set the power options to restart your mac after a power fail.

3. Narked Diver thread starter macrumors regular

Narked Diver

Cheers - every day is a school day :)

I've switched that on - now I'm going to create a user profile that's completely locked down by parental control that will be the auto log on profile - hopefully that's all that'll be needed to get the DNS server going again

4. sevoneone macrumors 6502

DNS server should start without a user logging in...

5. Narked Diver, Feb 28, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2017

Narked Diver thread starter macrumors regular

Narked Diver

Ah - so just setting the mini to power on after power cut will do the trick? Good to know - thanks