Auto login password (Windows 8.1 through Parallels)

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by touchUpInside, Jan 13, 2015.

1. touchUpInside macrumors member

touchUpInside

Hiya,

I know all my passwords, so I'm not going that direction. I want to change the password that used to auto log in to Windows 8.1 and Win apps (from a fresh boot). This is the one used the first time after starting the OS fresh.

After getting an iMac setup with Win8.1/parallels, I changed my hotmail/Microsoft password (I did something that required a stronger password). I cannot remember how the Parallel/Widows install went but my Win8.1/hotmail/Outlook/msn account/password were originally all tied together (on this install on the Mac). Again, I changed my hotmail password. And this new password is the correct one to log into my Windows account. However, it attempts to auto log in with the old password. It fails. So, I manually enter the new/correct password.

How do I change the one used for auto log in ?

I don't see anything obvious in keychain, although I'm still learning how Apple programs work. I look, but there is a whole mess of stuff there. Not sure what what might need to change.

(I don't need to change the Windows password, because. Unless I changed it back to the original one, change hotmail back, etc.--that is not what I want . . .)

Any suggestions ?

Thanks, a bunch.

Cheers !!

2. touchUpInside thread starter macrumors member

touchUpInside