Auto Recovery Mode Because I Turn Off?!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by RITZFit, Jul 24, 2008.

1. RITZFit macrumors 65816

RITZFit

Has this ever happened to anyone here? I turned off my phone because its battery was low and I didn't have the charger on me. When I get home and turn it back on, it went into recovery mode. Right now I'm having to reinstall 2.0 and all my data back onto the phone. I've never seen this before, hopefully it isn't a sign of hardware failure

2. kornyboy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5A347 Safari/525.20)

That is really weird. There is the possibility that the home button and the power button were pressed for thirty seconds and that caused it to go into recovery mode. That would be a bizzar coincidence though.

3. RITZFit thread starter macrumors 65816

RITZFit

yeah. I'm just hoping I don't have a prob on my hands. So far it seems to be acting alright. I've shut it off and on a few times since the restore w/ no probs.
    The battery was around 10% charge before I shut it off. I wonder if it somehow drained itself to 0%, oh well. I'll post any updates.

4. prboy120 macrumors newbie

same here

i just got a new ipod touch 3rd gen n im having the same problem i turn it off n turn it back on and it ato goes into recovery mode and i haveto run jailbreak to get it out of it