Auto Run Application

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by eighty6, Apr 20, 2011.

1. eighty6 macrumors newbie

Hi, I've been trying to find the best solution for myself to the issue of not being able to add an alarm to the contact birthdays calendar in iCal. I think I've found the best solution in an automator application which I've made to send me an email reminder 7 days before a contacts birthday.

Only trouble is that I have to remember to run the automator application once everyday. I rarely turn my mac off and usually leave it in sleep mode for a couple of months at a time so setting the application to open at startup wont solve this issue.

What I want to know is. Is it possible through automator or any other method to tell my mac to open and run my 'Birthdays' application once every 24 hours?

2. TreoRenegade macrumors regular

I suspect your answer will in some way involve the (Unix) command called CRON. Perhaps a search on that name at MacUpdate.com and/or the App Store-- anywhere offering user reviews.

3. davids8477 macrumors 6502

You can cease an event in ICal that on the preset time will run an application. That should do it for you.