Auto screenshot

Discussion in 'iMac' started by sultanoflondon, Apr 6, 2014.

1. sultanoflondon macrumors regular

Hi all,

I was wondering whether it would be possible for me to somehow 'command' my iMac, which is running Mavericks, to automatically take a screenshot at a certain time. I want my computer to take a screenshot at 1600, 1700, 1800, 1900 and 2000 hours tomorrow. Don't ask the reason, its a long story....

I will keep a webpage open for it to screenshot, and I need it to screenshot the screen exactly how it is, without editing anything.

Thanks in advance!

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Open Applescript Editor from /Appleications/Utiltiies and paste this in then save it as an application. Now setup Calendar events at the times you want and have those events trigger an alert at the time of the event that runs the application we just made.

Code:
    property N : 0
    set N to N + 1
    set picPath to ((POSIX path of (path to desktop)) & "Picture_" & N & ".png") as string
    do shell script "screencapture -tjpg " & quoted form of picPath
    The event will look like this.

[​IMG]

This will make screenshots of the desktop numbered sequentially and put them on the desktop.

3. sultanoflondon thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the reply! Alright, I'll do this. However, after today, I do not want the screenshot to ever happen again. They won't will they?

4. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

They will only trigger if you manually trigger the Applescript fro a calendar event. So if you don't do that... it will never happen again. You can even delete the Applescript after if you want.