Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JaguarGod

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 27, 2010
SiniScope has an announcement for Auto Sport Driving! See the Official Auto Sport Driving Website for more information about the game.

May 26th 2012
ANNOUNCEMENT! SiniScope is very excited to announce a unique partnership with Batterseas and Race Driver Frank Hart, which have agreed to be the featured real-life racing driver in Auto Sport Driving - Siniscope's motorsport simulator for Macs.

frankhart_01.jpg
batterseas_01.jpg

Frank's helmet and likeness will be featured along with advertisements for his website, FrankHartRacing.com, and Batterseas. Players will be able to select a car very similar to the Mazda2 Frank pilots in Grand-Am TOTAL Performance Showcase, and compete against his AI replicant in competitive races comprising of the same vehicle. Or you can select and play as Frank himself – put him on pole where he belongs!

Frank Hart Racing
Batterseas

Last edited:

JaguarGod

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 27, 2010
I have uploaded a new video of some preliminary testing of the new Sportsmans Course on Youtube. You can check it out here.

It shows a lap with the Merkoso Cup cars and it also shows how the 357F series handles the tough course without TC and ABS.

JaguarGod

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 27, 2010
I have uploaded 2 new videos to the SiniScope youtube channel. You can also find them on the Official Auto Sport Driving Media page.

One shows the G27 being used with Auto Sport Driving and the other shows the new SRW-S1 wheel being used. The SRW-S1 is simply a fantastic controller! We now have support for the portable wheel built into the game and will be available in a very near future update. The G27 is, in my opinion, the best wheel for the game. It has fantastic FFB and it feels very comfortable with its leather and steel construction.

Auto Sport Driving: Using the G27 Wheel

Auto Sport Driving: SRW-S1 (SimRaceWay) Wheel compatibility coming soon

chiefsucker

macrumors newbie
May 8, 2011
Thanks for the work. Sim racing in itself is already a niche and sim racing on OS X is like a niche inside a niche.

Somebody has to do the first steps, though, and I’m glad that you have the balls to dedicate your precious time and work on such a project. You really deserve all the (monetary) support you can get, no matter how the quality of the game in its current state is. For a one-man-show you already did some amazing work.

JaguarGod

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 27, 2010
Thanks for the work. Sim racing in itself is already a niche and sim racing on OS X is like a niche inside a niche.

Somebody has to do the first steps, though, and I’m glad that you have the balls to dedicate your precious time and work on such a project. You really deserve all the (monetary) support you can get, no matter how the quality of the game in its current state is. For a one-man-show you already did some amazing work.

Wow! Thank you for the kind words. I know my game is not perfect, but maybe in time it will be a great game.

Just an update... The new v1.3.0 has been submitted to Apple for approval. This version has the new Sportsmans Course, support for the SRW-S1 wheel, Logitech wheel separate accelerator and brake fix and some other updates and fixes. Hope you enjoy it.

JaguarGod

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 27, 2010
Just wanted to let everyone know that the new v1.3.0 has been released. Update your game with this free update to race on the new Sportsman Course. Also, the game now supports the SRW-S1 wheel from steelseries.com along with better gamepad support! Those who have the Logitech G27 or other Logitech wheels, you can now use separate brake and accelerator options for your wheel adding a better pedal experience.

Version 1.3.5 is now currently in progress and should be available in the near future and will contain the new Lakefront Airport track.

JaguarGod

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 27, 2010
There was a Bug found on new Sportsman track! VERSION 1.3.0 was released on the 24th of July which is the good news. The bad news is that there is a small bug in the track where if you hit a certain part of the track, your car will go flying! This has been fixed and will be available as an update soon. Sorry about this. Somehow I missed it :(

arashb

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2009
I saw LFS was mentioned here, and was wondering how it compares to LFS?

Full control over cars?
A realistic clutch?
In game chat?
Pre game qualifiers where people can just hang out and do drag races?

I like the game idea and love having a forum member be the developer, that way I know you'll take our suggestions into consideration :D.

JaguarGod

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 27, 2010
I saw LFS was mentioned here, and was wondering how it compares to LFS?

Full control over cars?
A realistic clutch?
In game chat?
Pre game qualifiers where people can just hang out and do drag races?

I like the game idea and love having a forum member be the developer, that way I know you'll take our suggestions into consideration :D.

First, thank you for even taking an interest in my game and asking any questions. My game is quite small, but building every day. Also, you are correct, I take all suggestions into consideration. Unfortunately, being such a small developer means I have to be very frugal when it comes to implementation.

Well, LFS is a full on Sim where my game right now is what I call a "Casual Sim" meaning... It handles like a sim, but does not have all of the options for car tuning as a normal sim. This makes it easier for casual Mac gamers to play without fear of the maybe confusing tuning options. That is not to say that in the near future it will not have all of the normal setup options for cars. It is already built into the game, I just do not have them available in-game.

On to your questions...
1. If by "full control" you mean all of the options to tune the car then, no. Sorry. Again, just trying to make this less confusing for a large majority of the Mac players. But, the game does have a hardcore sim version that I am working on also that should be released at some point. But I am trying to get something a bit more simple out there.
2. Sorry, no realistic clutch. The Logitech wheels have FFB on Lion (you have to install the FFB kext to get FFB in Lion), but only the G25/27 has a clutch pedal of the Logitech wheels so it has not been a priority. I would love to get it in the game though as I love the realism it provides.
3. It has lobby (and monitor) text chat support, but no actual voice chat. I have heard from testers successfully using either ventrilo or imvox during gameplay.
4. No pre-game qualifiers like drag racing.

lukekarts

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2009
What are the system requirements for the game?

I'm only using a 2011 MBA (Intel HD3000), and although the game doesn't look as though it would be graphically demanding, you can never be too sure.

JaguarGod

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 27, 2010
What are the system requirements for the game?

I'm only using a 2011 MBA (Intel HD3000), and although the game doesn't look as though it would be graphically demanding, you can never be too sure.

Well, the game runs remarkably well on my 2010 11.6" MBA. It should run ok with the HD3000 on your 2011. But you may have to turn some of the options down a bit though.

Maybe I will do a video of it running on my MBA too due to the fact that a lot of Mac users are now running the MBA.

JaguarGod

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 27, 2010
Here are a couple of pics of the Lakefront Airport Track BETA. Remember, if you like the game, please rate or even review the game. The more positive reviews the game gets, the better the chances of good sales. I want to keep creating content for free, but it really needs a lot more sales.

417500_454532094577866_185935285_n.jpg

417500_454532107911198_1357304176_n.jpg

Last edited:

jphall

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2002
I want to keep creating content for free, but it really needs a lot more sales.

Hey Jason, somehow it took me until today to find that you had created this game and it was available on the Mac App Store. Imagine my delight at finding it! My six year old and I spent a good part of the next 3 hours racing and having a blast.

I've enjoyed your mods (and stuff, whatever those skins, etc. were called ::grin:: ) for years. I do hope the 357-F Series cars get some more power for a faster top end, but they are really a lot of fun to drive.

Thanks again, and good luck with this endeavor. I will be rating the game on the Mac App Store.

Ciao. Joel.

JaguarGod

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 27, 2010
Hey Jason, somehow it took me until today to find that you had created this game and it was available on the Mac App Store. Imagine my delight at finding it! My six year old and I spent a good part of the next 3 hours racing and having a blast.

I've enjoyed your mods (and stuff, whatever those skins, etc. were called ::grin:: ) for years. I do hope the 357-F Series cars get some more power for a faster top end, but they are really a lot of fun to drive.

Thanks again, and good luck with this endeavor. I will be rating the game on the Mac App Store.

Ciao. Joel.

Wow, thank you for the kind words! This is what makes this all worth it.

The 357F series will stay a lower power formula car, but I am creating a new proper F1 car (named the XF1) based on the 2012 F1 cars. These should have the torque and top end you are looking for ;)

Keep checking in as September is a big work month for me, maybe I can get some stuff done!

ALSO ANNOUNCING:
Be the #33 Like for the Official Auto Sport Driving FaceBook Page and receive a promo code for ASD to get the full game for FREE!!!!! Again, just be the #33 Like!

JaguarGod

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 27, 2010
The Official Auto Sport Driving website has been updated with a full Support section and other additions you will notice. There will also be a downloadable PDF manual soon. But right now all the information and tech support you will need is in the new support section. :)

jphall

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2002
The 357F series will stay a lower power formula car, but I am creating a new proper F1 car (named the XF1) based on the 2012 F1 cars. These should have the torque and top end you are looking for ;)

Excellent, we are looking forward to faster cars!

Keep checking in as September is a big work month for me, maybe I can get some stuff done!

My son has turned 7 since I last posted, and he thinks it's been a really long time since I told him we'd be driving XF1 cars on the Lakefront Airport. We checked every day for the next update until we started checking twice a day. ::grin::

I love driving the road courses, and my son is a big Millstowe Speedway fan!

Do you have an update on the update? ::grin::

Ciao. Joel.

JaguarGod

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 27, 2010
Excellent, we are looking forward to faster cars!

My son has turned 7 since I last posted, and he thinks it's been a really long time since I told him we'd be driving XF1 cars on the Lakefront Airport. We checked every day for the next update until we started checking twice a day. ::grin::

I love driving the road courses, and my son is a big Millstowe Speedway fan!

Do you have an update on the update? ::grin::

Ciao. Joel.

Hello Joel! I do have some updates as a matter of fact. Sorry for the delay as I had an issue with one of the sponsors. That sponsor and I have parted ways and that took a lot of time that I should have been using to update the game! But here are the updates...

1. Please welcome, Kevin Romyn, hailing from Canada, to the ASD track development team. Kevin will be creating official tracks for Auto Sport Driving and is being welcomed to the team with open arms. His work will help to quicken new track development and testing. Kevin also developed a few beta tracks for the VGP3 project started by Paolo Cattani and is a Mac Racing fan.

2. The new F1 cars are coming along nicely. The physics are done and the cars just need to be fully fleshed out and then tested. They are a bit more unforgiving than any other car series in the game.

3. The Lakefront track had to be changed a bit due to a sponsor, but it is in testing now.

4. I have also finished work on a new Carting series. The physics are a long way off right now and I am concentrating on the other content already in progress. But I just thought you would like to know.

Now, here is a bit of strange news. It seems that the Mac App Store is suffering from an overly lengthy app review process. My last update took almost a month to go through Apple's app submission and review process. That seems way too long. So when the update is ready and submitted it may still be a bit.

chiefsucker

macrumors newbie
May 8, 2011
Is development of the game put on hiatus? There was only one minor update during the last 1.5 years, but I understand if you have other things to do as a small developer (we also have to set priorities as a two-person indie team).

Hughmac

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2012
Kent, UK
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but before I purchase, does the game in any way support GMA950 graphics on an older Mac?

I don't mind turning everything down and suffering lower quality graphics.

Cheers :)

Hugh

JaguarGod

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 27, 2010
Hey guys. Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I just wanted to let everyone know what was going on. Well, as some have noticed and emailed me about, my divorce has been finalized and I am a single Dad with three kids living with me full time so my priorities have changed drastically. But things are getting better and I have been thinking about the game quite a bit.

The game is no longer being sold here in the US. Not sure about other territories as my contract with the Publisher is up. So, I have requested confirmation from the publisher that the contract is up and that I now retain sole rights to the sale of the game in the US (hopefully everywhere). If this is the case, I would like to maybe release the game for free on the MAS for all you Mac racers. I have tested the game in 10.10.3 and it runs great. I do not have a lot of time for updates, but I would like to at some point do something with it. Still, I do not have confirmation that I can do this, but it is what I would like to do.

I'll let you know if this is possible soon. Fingers crossed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.