Auto Text in iOS 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by onthecouchagain, Jun 8, 2011.

1. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

Can any of the early adopters/testers comment on how well implemented the Auto Text is?

Can I add an unlimited (or a lot) amount of custom auto texts? Does it just compile a list of "km=I'm" "omg=Oh my god" etc., like Blackerry does? Does it ever 'miss' the auto text? How well is auto text in every day typing?

And in general, is the keyboard any more responsive? I find the IP4 keyboard not as responsive as it used to be with the 3GS -- could be my imagination. It seems to miss keys and space bar taps whenever I thumb type very quickly.

Thanks.

2. Munchkinsdad macrumors regular

Munchkinsdad

use of keyboard is much smoother IMO. Autotext is great!!! but in the beta. there are glitches, especially short-cutting words. For instance, I will type yer for your but autotext will take the r and make it are... weird but fixable I'm sure

3. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

It's really great. In fact, there is a feature I didn't expect: auto-capitalization!

If you type Omw instead of omw, it will type "On my way" instead of "on my way" automatically, unless you have it set as "On my way" by default. This isn't always preferred if you're doing something like an email address, but they may add an option to change it eventually. Kind of cool, though.

4. onthecouchagain thread starter macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

I see. Thanks for the responses.

Typing can be a little frustrating on the iP4 at times. I'm really happy about auto text.