Auto Text Resend on new iphone / OS4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vescaegg, Jun 2, 2010.

1. vescaegg macrumors member

Does anyone know if there is any word on this? I work in quite a bad reception area and often look back at a message and find it didnt actually send! I know i should probably notice when i press send but sometimes i simply press send and get distracted with something else.

Does anyone think there will be a facility to just automatically send a text once signal comes back? All of my previous phones has had this!

2. vizkiz macrumors 6502a

vizkiz

I don't think it will have it, but a ! will pop up on the messages icon if it failed to send.

3. vescaegg thread starter macrumors member

It has the (!) now but i often miss it before i close. It would just be nice for it do resend automatically:)

4. vant macrumors 65816

Happens to me all the time. Frankly, it is very annoying. They should at least have a fail sound.

5. iPhone3Gusr macrumors member

iPhone3Gusr

completely agree

6. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

I'm not sure if you misunderstood his post or not, but I'm going to clear it up anyways for you and for anyone else.

On the actual home screen, you will see a (!) beside the messages button. You won't discover a few hours later that your msg didn't go through anymore ;)

That is coming in 4.0

7. vant macrumors 65816

Not good enough. We need a sound or a resend function. The new feature sounds nice, but for people like me who reply to a text and then sleeps the phone immediately, this will not work. Honestly, who sends a text and waits for it to actually send?

8. vizkiz macrumors 6502a

vizkiz

Honestly, if it happens to you so often, you should wait. It only happens to me once or twice a week, maybe. I'm on my phone so much anyway, if it fails [on 4.0], I'll see the icon 10 or 20 minutes later when I unlock it again. It's a good enough improvement for me. Who knows, maybe they'll add a fail sound to 4.0. I can't recall a message send failure sound on any of my old phones though.

9. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

10. maus macrumors regular

Wow, I didn't know that there was no auto-send. This is quite annoying. All of my phones have had this. I'll sometimes reply to texts while I'm in the subway, knowing that they'll send when I get above ground. I thought all phones did this. This might make me reconsider purchasing the new phone. :mad:

11. vescaegg thread starter macrumors member

the home screen icon will help as i normally unlock to look at my phone for no apparent reason every few minutes....hmm ocd?

But for the times i dont, it would still be nice for it to do it automatically.

12. TheAppleGeek macrumors 6502a

TheAppleGeek

I do that too, haha. Mainly, though, when I'm bored.