Auto unlock won't work - I have all the system requirements

Discussion in 'macOS Sierra (10.12)' started by lucasrant, Jul 8, 2016.

1. lucasrant macrumors regular

I have macOS Sierra PB installed on a rMBP from last year, with the option for auto unlock ticked in the preference pane, and watchOS 3 with a passcode on, but when I wake the mac from sleep, I'm still being prompted for my password. I really don't understand why it won't work, I did a bit of research and my system fulfills all the system requirements.

Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

2. pazzekalle macrumors newbie

pazzekalle

Same for me. Doesn't work on latest Macbook.

3. petterihiisila macrumors member

It took me a day before it seemingly spontaneously started to work. It was on but did nothing at first. But even now it takes between 1 to too many attempts for it to work. I find myself doing magic waves with the hand, or trying to hold the hand still, but it seems that at this point the feature has an unpredictable life of its own. Same (mis)behaviour on iMac and rMB. Perhaps the next beta will get more stable in this regard. Otherwise a very nice build.

4. lucasrant thread starter macrumors regular

Aaaaaand now it works. Didn't change anything, though. Just decided to start working...

5. cmaier macrumors G3

And mine was working and now it stops (it just tries to log in with the watch, then times out and makes me enter the password, which actually slows down my logging in...)

6. pmostoff macrumors member

Anyone have any ideas of how to get auto unlock to work on beta 3? Anyone else experiencing it not working?

On beta 3 for iOS watchOS and macOS. I have a mid-2014 rMBP. The option showed up for me right away when it became available but it has never worked. Like others have reported, I click to wake up the screen and it says it's attempting to unlock with a spinner but it has never worked. Wondering if anyone has learned any tricks to this.

7. petterihiisila macrumors member

Beta 4 on all devices seems to make it more reliable. Now I no longer see a spinning wheel. Works within about 2 seconds. Hopefully that lasts.