Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mazda 3s

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 29, 2006
I don't know if this is a bug, or by design. I have auto updates enabled, and I've had quite a few apps update on their own. However, even after updating, they're still showing up in the updates section with no way to clear the list.

I'm a stickler for "clean", so having this app info in my Updates section is really bugging my OCD side :D

As seen below, one app was updated on July 9 and still shows up:

bpKpmuq.png

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
It's not really related to auto-update given that even with that off, when you manually check for and update apps, they still stay there on the list in the App Store. Something new in the iOS 7 App Store it seems. Hopefully there'll be a way to remove that or hide that (or Apple would hide that in a way similar to Purchases).

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
People asked how would they know an app was updated or what was updated (notes) if auto-update was turned on.

I think this is the answer.

Mazda 3s

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 29, 2006
People asked how would they know an app was updated or what was updated (notes) if auto-update was turned on.

I think this is the answer.

Well I can understand that, but there needs to be a way to clear the list once you've seen when it was updated.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
There surely is! Close the App Store app, AND BAM THEY'RE GONE!
And when you open the App Store again, they are right there in it.

----------

Well I can understand that, but there needs to be a way to clear the list once you've seen when it was updated.
Or at least hide them like they've done for purchased apps (where there's a link that takes you to them from the updates screen).

wheatie

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2007
This issue remains in the released version of iOS 7

bump. This issue still remains along with all the previously updated apps in the list.

Has anyone found a way to clear this list. I have tried closing the app store and restarting the phone both to no avail.

I've tried signing out of the app store, closing the app, and then signing back into the app store and this list of all previously updated apps is still there.

It is just annoying more than anything. Hope someone has a solution.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
bump. This issue still remains along with all the previously updated apps in the list.

Has anyone found a way to clear this list. I have tried closing the app store and restarting the phone both to no avail.

I've tried signing out of the app store, closing the app, and then signing back into the app store and this list of all previously updated apps is still there.

It is just annoying more than anything. Hope someone has a solution.
It's not an issue, it's by design (as unfortunate as that is). Unless/until Apple decides to change the design, or perhaps some jailbreak comes along and there's a tweak that would help with it, there's not much you can do (perhaps short of restoring your phone to clear out that data).

SandPebble

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2012
This is perplexing. Updated apps still appear in update list but with "Open" option.

I do not recall this issue in iOS 6.

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
This is perplexing. Updated apps still appear in update list but with "Open" option.

I do not recall this issue in iOS 6.

Just because there wasn't any auto update setting in iOS 6 ....

This is a feature to show which app was automatically updated by your device.

rorschach

macrumors 68020
Jul 27, 2003

Except it still shows with apps that were manually updated, which is pointless.

SandPebble

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2012

I have auto update off in iOS 7 and I prefer to update apps as I see fit.

My preference is to not see apps I have recently updated.

Drucifer

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2008

I thought the tiny blue dot was a way to indicate the recently updated Apps?

Either way this is something I noticed as well and I find it annoying.

James1970

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2012
I have all the settings for auto update on my iPhone 5s but still apps don't auto update unless I turn wifi on. I have update over cellular turned on but without luck. Did a soft and hard reset. No luck either. Any idea if it updates automatically for certain apps or it should for all of them? Is it auto updating for you? Thanks.

Smith288

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2008
It's not an "issue" in the classical sense. It's Apple's response to people wanting a list of recently updated apps and they stay for approx 30 days I think.

I like the list. Lets me evaluate the recently updated apps and go through each app and the new features.

atlatnesiti

Suspended
Sep 4, 2008
Sydney, Australia
That so called "feature" to show all updated Apps could be useful for some, but why on earth Apple hasn't implement slide to the left option to remove these Apps manually?! I have currently about 35 recently updated Apps just sitting there and polluting my update screen doing absolutely nothing at all...
Hope they'll fix this in the next update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.