iPhone X Auto WiFi join

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Samtb, May 26, 2018.

1. Samtb macrumors 65816

Do you find your iPhone is not very good at connecting to known WiFi networks until you open WiFi settings and force connection?

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator emeritus

SandboxGeneral

Not for me. Mine works as expected all the time.

3. noobinator macrumors 603

noobinator

Never have had this problem on any iPhone I’ve owned going back to 3GS.

4. NoBoMac macrumors 68000

Always smooth for me, including captive portals.

Might want to reset network settings.

5. Adam.Kb2Jpd macrumors member

You might want to reset your iPhone and then restore it. it will then operate properly. An iPhone on for several months has plenty of latent bugs

6. Samtb thread starter macrumors 65816

Do you mean from iTunes?

7. ericwn macrumors 68020

My devices connect well. Maybe forget the network and then join the network again to see if it makes a difference. Also see if the issue is related just to one network or if all WiFi networks have issues.

8. ericwn macrumors 68020

I would recommend a regular restart as a first step. Invasive troubleshooting like setting the device up from scratch should be a last resort in my opinion.

9. Adam.Kb2Jpd macrumors member

The problem you bought a supercomputer that works as a phone. You run the phone for extended periods of time; the code and data remember strange states that the code blindly follows.

If you want the accepted behavior, you have to reboot/reset the phone on regular intervals. Even big iron gets regularly rebooted so there are no irregularities.

10. ericwn macrumors 68020

Any computer system can run into issues, for sure. However in 10 years of owning most iOS devices on the market I have no been in a situation where I needed to restore my devices to factory settings. If an issue showed up a restart of the device usually solved it. No need in my experience to reinstall iOS or perform any other drastic, invasive troubleshooting.
    That’s why I wanted to highlight that while your suggestions are certainly valid, they should be applied if the common quick fixes fail, like restarting the app in question, re-installing an app that has issues and of course restart the phone.