Auto3G problems?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jdaniel, Feb 23, 2011.

1. jdaniel macrumors 65816

I have been using Auto3G for a while seems to do what it says and my battery life seems to be extended.. now, problem is.. I think it may be affecting my receipt of text messages... now is that possible?

I have restored my phone clean and jailbroke it again and installed some cydia apps minus he auto3g.. and i had my carrier do a re-set on my line and for now there are no text msg delays and issues...

But I was just wondering w/o 3G or w/o data does text still come thru do different countries use diff methods to relay text?

2. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

As long as your carrier allows you to fall back on Edge when 3G is switched off it shouldn't be a major issue, although I have heard of people who've had issues w/ Notifications/Messages/Skype/WhatsApp not coming through. Also, the lag between 2G and 3G can drive anyone insane, i.e. the time it takes to switch IP-address can be mind boggling slow at times.

I use iControl myself to auto disable 3G when I'm on Wifi and this works like a charm.

3. jdaniel thread starter macrumors 65816

I guess thats the same as the sbs toggles? I have that too just that auto3g goes one step further and put you on Edge when your phone is locked...too....

I am not bothered about data when I want data I will make sure it is on what I am a bit worried about is how they send the text is it via 2g 3G networks...and therefore is 2g is slow that would result in my text msgs being delayed.

4. jdaniel thread starter macrumors 65816

anyone else wit recent experience? with this program?

5. tjb1 macrumors 68000

I was using it on Verizon iPhone, I dont think it worked. Many times I was just always kicked to 1X or EVDO...whatever it is on Verizon and it took forever to get back to 3G coverage. No noticeable saving in battery, just a loss of $5 or whatever it cost me. My opinion - waste of money.