Autocad 2011 & 10.7 GM - Broken

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Samh6, Jul 3, 2011.

1. Samh6 macrumors newbie

Ok so after trying the GM version of Lion before its available for purchase I have managed to get all of my previous apps to work problem free however after installing a legally licensed copy of Autocad 2011 it seems there is a serious issue somewhere within the compatibility of Lion.
    Basically what happens is when I click the App icon to run Autocad I get the standard loading prompt as expected but after a few mins of that prompt the system completely freezes as in I can only move the curser but click/interact with nothing, after I SSH into Lion from my 10.6 MBA to kill the Autocad process it seems that from initial load Autocad takes up just over 100% Processor usage and shows up as a zombied process from within activity monitor.
    Is it the case that I am the only one suffering from this or are others having the same thing happen to them, and if it is a global issue do you think autodesk/apple will be quick to resolve the issues?

Thanks in advance for feedback.

2. superericla macrumors 6502

It'll probably be Autodesk that will have to fix any issues. I'll try installing AutoCAD on my computer. It was working as of DP 4 so I don't know what's changed since.

3. Samh6 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok so after playing around and putting the system through a restart I was still able to replicate the results as seen below.

[​IMG]
    Showing as non-responsive on activity monitor however the whole of the OS is not responding either, well until Autocad is killed remotely.

[​IMG]
    TOP command remotely showing system stats whilst not responding.

4. superericla macrumors 6502

Hmm. I just installed and updated AutoCAD on my 2011 MacBook Pro and it's working fine for me.

5. BigJohno macrumors 65816

AUTO cad runs like crap on any mac in my experience. Its way better for windows right now. Hopefully they clear things up. I hate windows.

6. HelveticaNeue, Jul 4, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2011

HelveticaNeue macrumors 6502a

HelveticaNeue

I hadn't updated AutoCAD since December and it worked perfectly on my Late 08 MBP running GM.

Edit: Nevermind. Was running fine then decided to crash and now I cannot get it to reopen without crashing.

7. Samh6 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hopefully they will look at fixing this issue ASAP, I agree that its not brilliant on OSX but handy for when out and about and showing clients things were working on.

8. Home-Skillet macrumors newbie

I am having the exact same problem - but mine is an Activated Education Licence, I don't know if this makes any difference. Autodesk say they're working on a solution for 10.7 users... but for now, do we just have to switch to another device?

I hate windows too.