AutoCAD, 3ds Max and Revit on my unibody MBP...

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by UVa.Jester, Jan 8, 2009.

1. UVa.Jester macrumors member

I have been converting over to apple over the past few years and was given a MBP for christmas this year. I have been running a Hakintosh tower till now. I am an architect and cannot get away from using AutoCAD, 3ds Max and Revit... So, I'm trying to figure out the best way to install them on my mbp. I would preferably like to run something like parallels, since I normally am using other mac based programs at the same time as my CAD programs... Will parallels be able to handle the tasks of those programs or should I definitely use Bootcamp..?? Thanks in adavnce.

Jester

2. bigal121892 macrumors newbie

I run AutoCad 2009 on my MacMini using Fusion from an external hard drive. I have no problems, plus I can't tell any speed differences from the computers I use at work.

3. UVa.Jester thread starter macrumors member

Does anyone recomend a specific version of Windows...?? I have been looking at Vista 64, but there are so many different versions... Ultimate, home, etc... Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Jester