Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rossatron

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Hey, I need a 2D CAD app for various sketches. I had access to autocad via my university, but I don't anymore. I was looking at the autocad website, and the license is $1000, which is something I cannot afford. Are there any other good alternatives? I don't mind buying a license, but $1000 is just over the top for me.

Thanks.

Donson

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2012
North Carolina
DraftSight is a very good free CAD program from Dassault Systems. I have been using it for several years since my AutoCad would no longer run on Windows 7. Now I have it installed and use it on both my Windows 7 and iMac computers. It is very much like my old AutoCad program with some minor changes.

Try it - it's free.

Don

jdechko

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2004
DraftSight is a very good free CAD program from Dassault Systems. I have been using it for several years since my AutoCad would no longer run on Windows 7. Now I have it installed and use it on both my Windows 7 and iMac computers. It is very much like my old AutoCad program with some minor changes.

Try it - it's free.

Don

Thanks for the link. I'm going to try it out as needed, but this beats having VirtualBox installed solely for AutoCAD. :) Just have to try to configure it to look/ work more like AutoCAD.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.