AutoCad and Gopro Video editing on 13" rMBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ramzijw, Jul 20, 2013.

1. ramzijw macrumors member

Hi guys,

I've been reading a lot about the new Haswell processors and love reading the thread. I know I'm going to be buying the new rMBP as my first mac.

Now what I want to know is, is the current 13" rMBP able to edit videos from the Gopro and handle autocad via bootcamp or dual boot(windows in lion) so i know the 13" will work fine.

Sorry if this a stupid question. Just a lot of laptops struggle with video editing from the new gopros and this would annoy me spending $2000 on something that isn't up for the task

2. snaky69 macrumors 603

Any modern computer can do both those tasks with a hiccup, the main difference between them will be the speed at which they do it.

A quad-core such as in the 15'' will be tremendously helpful when it comes to video editing, just so you know.

3. ramzijw thread starter macrumors member

The reason I ask this, is because my 6 month old laptop can't even play the Gopro footage without the audio sync incorrect and being very jumpy. I must admit it is a cheap laptop and just want to make a change of OS as windows 8 isn't for me. Plus my mum can have my old laptop

4. filmbuff macrumors 6502a

filmbuff

That could be a media player issue. Try using VLC instead - it supports almost every codec there is.

5. ramzijw thread starter macrumors member

I have been using vlc player, but its terrible on that. KM player seems to work the best but even that has issues playing the format. This has been a common problem with a people having the new gopros and apparently it's due not having a powerful computer. My current laptop has a 2.1ghz and dual core, 12gb ram and 500gb hard drive.

But will the 13" rMBP be able to Handel it? As its alot of money for something that can't Handel footage from my Gopro (1080p 60fps & 720p 120fps)

6. GermanyChris macrumors 601

GermanyChris

We don't know what 2.1 dual core soooo...

Still though there must be something else going on any modern computer and most non-modern should be able to play 1080P

7. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

I have a 13" i7 3.0 rMBP and I have no issues editing or playing video taken on my GoPro Hero 3. Video is always in 1080p, I think you have other issues going on. I've never had a audio sync issue. I use FCP for editing the videos.

8. ramzijw thread starter macrumors member

This answers my question! But It is a issue. Google it and you will see many other people are having issues due to their lack of computing power.

Anyways thanks for your input guys! Much appreciated! :) now to wait for the Haswell rMBP!! Please me next week!