AutoCAD, Perfect for a day, Now it crashes at launch

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rokey, Dec 14, 2011.

1. rokey macrumors member

So I installed AutoCAD 2011 (Autodesk) a couple nights ago and it ran just fine for about a day. I was working in just one file the whole time and it was going great.

I went to change layers (which I had done several dozen times already), suddenly the App crashed and gave no reason that I could see. I went to relaunch and I got the Splash screen and then the same App crash window popped up. Since the first crash, this is now what happens.

So I've uninstalled, reinstalled (4 times). I checked my hardware to make sure that it is up to par, here's my setup:

Mac mini 5,1 (required: 3,1+)
    10.7.2 (required: 10.6.4+)
    8GB RAM (required: 3GB+)
    256GB HDD free space (required: 2.5GB+)
    1920x1080 Res (required: 1280x800)
    Apple Wireless Keyboard and Magic Trackpad

Thanks for your input!

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

You running the LT version or the full retail?

I was using a AutoCad 2011 student edition while at University and it was doing my head in. Constant crashing etc. On the release of AutoCad LT I hoped my problems would go away, and I could finally updrade to a fully certified edition.

Turns out it was only available in America! This led me to look for alternatives. By far the best I have found is DraftSight. Works well and free, but only good for 2D.

As to the actual problems you are having. How are you uninstalling? Using the uninstaller bundeled with the software will sometimes leave small config files that need to be deleted. Take a look here to remove all files. Then reinstall.