AutoCad questions for new Macbook pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by imHappy, Feb 27, 2011.

1. imHappy macrumors regular

Hello guys,

I was going to buy 2010 MBP, yet i found that the new generation of mac book pro's arrived.

I would buy the 2.2gh MBP which have the hd 6750M GPU since i heared very bad comments about the HD 6490M.

And so my questions is;

I want to use this laptop for atleast 5 years(IF POSSIBLE) and so i would use it for everyday use, web browsing, productivity(office, presentation) and specially Designing with Google sketchup and AutoCad since im starting architecture.

So i would like to know if the Hd 6750m is VERY good for autocad and if it is way better than the previous 330m for autocad.

if not, i can still buy the 2010 MBP since in my country it will take 2 months so that our premium reseller get to have in stock the 2011 MBP!

Thx in advance!

2. imHappy thread starter macrumors regular

3. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

The 6750M is certainly a better GPU than the 330M – but either one will work, really. The former will just be faster.

4. xpcker macrumors regular

Hi men, i use ACA in my i5 330m and runs smooth but i ave some black screen flashes and dont know why.. tried a lot of drivers but still the same issue in windows 7

go for the 6750m brecasue in a long term if wanna use programs like revit ill be very usefull =)

greetings!

5. T-bag Guest

Autocad is also cpu-dependant. If you want a durable computer for 5 years - don't even consider the 2010 models. Also, the matte screen is a smart upgrade for cad. I couldn't use my glossy display in the office because of the reflections from big lamps in the ceiling.

6. imHappy thread starter macrumors regular

why is the 2010 mbp not last 5 years?

and certainly going to get the high end 15". Also is the matte screen u guys talking about?

is it the hi-res screen u talking about? also is there a very big difference with the normal screen?

thx for replies guys, its going to be my first laptop actually!

7. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

Last year's MBP could last you five years – it just depends on how much more complex your programs will get as time goes on. I've had my 2006 MacBook almost that long, and it still works well.

Matte is a type of screen that doesn't reflect non-specular light, while glossy is rather more reflective. I've had no problems with either, but you'll find people who absolutely hate glossy screens and insist that they cause eye strain, headaches, etc.

The difference between the high-res and normal screen is the resolution – assuming you don't go with the antiglare display.

8. dihydrogenoxide macrumors newbie

The 2011 MBP has a much better processor than the 2010.
    Also, the high-resolution display will be significantly better for CAD.
    As the price is the same, there is no reason to choose the 2010 if you can get the 2011 model.