Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thesnowman16

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 24, 2007
New Zealand
I use autocad (ADT 07) for my job. What I would like to know is would this run on a macbook with bootcamp, I'm not a power user and won't be doing any 3d stuff, just the basic 2d line drawing, with some of ADT's advanced features. It's not highly demanding in the graphical sence but I'm still concerned. I will be using a 19" LCD display to do my work on so screan size isn't an issue.

Anyone out there use autocad on a macbook? how does it run in bootcamp/paralals?

Please note, it doesn't matter if you use ADT or not, I'm not sure if I will keep up my subscription of ADT (it costs $20,000nz per year) I may be switching to Autocad LT ($500nz a year). I don't feel that I use enough of ADT's features to justify the extra $15,500nz a year.

SpookTheHamster

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2004
London
AutoCAD works fine under Boot Camp. Boot Camp makes your Mac completely like a PC, it doesn't affect performance in any way.

I should imagine it'll be fine under Parallels as well, as it doesn't really take any advantage of 3D acceleration.

gers84

macrumors member
Nov 27, 2006
Aberdeen UK
I run autocad on my macbook 1.82 c2d 512mb ram and it just works as if it was on a similar spec'ed windows machine. I just use it for 2D stuff so i can't tell you what its like with 3D.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.