Autocorrect function & various others

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by robertl594, Jul 14, 2009.

1. robertl594 macrumors newbie

I am a Blackberry user and have finally made a test jump to the iPhone, felt that I had to try it. There are some functions that I bet are part of the iPhone but I have not been able to find them.

Functions that I think are huge:

1. Autocorrect where we can type in user defined keys that auto-fill words, phrases and other things that we frequently type. This is one function that will force me back to the Blackberry if I cannot find a work around. This is an absolute deal killer for me.This is a MOST useful function. It saves loads of time and enables typing at a great speed on this tiny devices without errors.

2. having the ability to have all emails from different accounts show up in the same mail folder so you know when you get emails in other accounts.

3. Being able to set up and activate out of office assistant (we use exchange server and this is a very useful function although not a deal killer)

4. Battery life is not good. I used it today for about 10 hours without making a single phone call and it was at 20% at hour 7 and 10% at hour 9 and would not charge on my car charger when I finally plugged it in.

There a numerous good features however. Very good internet interface, much better than Blackberry. Cool factor, a very high rating.

Any advise to solve some of these issues would make me a very happy guy.
    Thanks
    RL

2. cmaier macrumors G3

1. nope
    2. nope
    3. no idea
    4. YMMV

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Only thing I'd add is that if you care that much about auto-correct, then you're going to hate the iPhone. That's been one of my complaints, in that you almost have to type the whole word before it gets recognized. Others on here, don't seem to mind, and like it the way it is. I'd like it if a menu of possible words would come up (a feature I had on a much cheaper cell phone), so after 2-3 letters I'd be done and off to the next word. But, that's just my opinion, and probably the minority.

4. robertl594 thread starter macrumors newbie

I am very surprised that this simple function has been overlooked and will not be addressed in future versions. Maybe there is a third party application that does this???

5. Etnies419 macrumors 6502

About the car charger, is it a FireWire charger? Because the iPhone doesn't support FireWire charging, so that could be why it didn't charge.

6. robertl594 thread starter macrumors newbie

It's the USB charger for car