Autocorrect Gripe: Nit, instead of Not

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pcguru83, Jun 4, 2010.

1. pcguru83 macrumors 6502a

pcguru83

Does anyone else find themselves typing "nit" instead of "not" all the time on the iPhone keyboard? It drives me crazy that there is not an autocorrect rule that suggests "not" instead. Granted, "nit" is obviously a word, but really--how often does one refer to a louse egg on an iPhone!?! Not often I would hope!

That is all. :)

2. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

I haven't run into that one too much, though it would be annoying. My personal pet peeve is the automatically changing of "hell" to "he'll." After you cancel the auto-correct 476,000 times, it'd be nice for the other spelling to be retained in the dictionary.

3. iphonetic macrumors member

Just disable the auto-correct then ? Typing accurately isn't that hard on the iPhone keyboard.

4. pcguru83 thread starter macrumors 6502a

pcguru83

Of course its not. But you're not understanding my original post.

I'm mistyping "nit" and the iPhone is NOT autocorrecting to "not". I'm wanting the autocorrect to be more agressive (at least in this instance).

It's really not a big deal, I just find myself doing it all the time.

5. psywzrd macrumors 68030

Happens to me all the time too. Also, I type dint instead of don't and it doesn't correct that either. It's little things like this that drive people insane and that can easily be fixed if Apple decides to do it.

6. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

Dint drives me crazy!