AutoCorrect Issues

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Zana65, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Zana65 macrumors newbie

So my jailbroken iPhone 5 has recently been having issues with autocorrect. It all works normally until I backspace and delete a part or all of a word. Autocorrect seems to not realize that the word is gone when giving me suggestions.

For example, if I type "bdst" it will suggest "best" which would make sense. However, if I backspace all of that so that there is no word, and then type "bland," Autocorrect will suggest "best land" which seems to be a reasonable guess IF i typed bdstbland...

This is the best way I can explain what is going on, can someone help?

2. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

I see nothing out of the ordinary in this behavior. Auto-correct makes cockamamie suggestions all the time. There is a broad mental leap required to make sense of some suggestions but your example is as good as any, which is to say that auto-correct is far from perfect but does sometimes serve a useful purpose for me. OTOH, my son detests it and turned it OFF from Day 1.

3. aDRock1154 macrumors 65816

aDRock1154

Meh, autocorrect has had its issues since the introduction..

I've just learned to deal with it. I use a ton of keyboard shortcuts to improve my experience.