Autodesk loves college students :)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Blondie :), Jun 8, 2011.

1. Blondie :) macrumors 6502a

Blondie :)

just wanted to inform all of you that if you are college students, Autodesk will give you all of their software for free. This will last until a year or maybe two after you graduate from college. It's a really killer deal because students (like myself) can get a hands-on experience with professional programs used in industry. Currently, I have: Autodesk Smoke, AutoCAD 2011, Autodesk Maya, Autodesk Alias 2012, and Autodesk Alias Automotive 2012, and all of the additional components these come with.

Having all of these options available to me is very nice because I am involved with a pretty rigorous engineering club at my college. We are building a Jet Dragster (Embry-Riddle Jet Dragster Project) and we use these programs to model and analyze components of the car.

Now if only Adobe did the same thing -__-

2. DJHack macrumors regular

Sounds great - would love AutoDesk for Mac?

How did you go about this?

3. interrobang macrumors 6502

4. Blondie :) thread starter macrumors 6502a

Blondie :)

Sorry I forgot to mention that.

No, Autdoesk doesn't work on the Mac (natively). In order to make it work, you have to install either Parallels desktop or create a bootcamp partition.

However, AutoCAD does indeed work for mac. And, as stated in the post above, there are other software packages specifically for mac.

Here is a link to all Autdoesk products that are natively compatible with the OS X operating system: http://usa.autodesk.com/products/mac-compatible-products

5. DJHack macrumors regular

Awesome! Thanks both :D