Autodesk Maya 2012 on OS X Lion

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by birdohead, Aug 8, 2011.

1. birdohead macrumors newbie

hello all,

im a new mbp owner and upgraded to os x lion on the day it came out. mistake. now i can't install autodesk maya 2012. when i "finish" installing, a message pops up that says that the system is "too new". i know that there have been glitches and recently just saw that autodesk suggests you don't upgrade until they fix it. i don't really want to downgrade back to snow leopard (hassle) and want to just work around lion if possible.

does anyone know any way around that? besides waiting for them to fix it?

thank you in advanced.

2. imacademic macrumors newbie

You should find that despite the message it has actually installed! check Applications>Autodesk
    Whether it runs well or not is a different matter!

cheers

HUGH

3. Drekitten, Nov 3, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2011

Drekitten macrumors newbie

Hi Birdohead,

I don't know if you ever found out the answer to your problem, but as I had the same issue with Maya 2012 I contacted the Autodesk Educational Community through my school. Maya 2012 is not supported by any Mac OS X above 10.6.5 Snow Leopard (Snow Leopard 10.6.8 or Lion 10.7 are still too new yet.) They are working on it though however the ETA on when is still unknown. They suggested to me to Reinstall my OS to the version it would work with or use Maya 2011 until it's resolved. It is inconvenient to say the least, but workable.

I hope this helps.
    DK

4. pacsailor macrumors newbie

pacsailor

Maya 2012 on Mountain Lion

So any update on this yet, has Autodesk updated Maya 2012 to work on Mountain Lion?