Autodesk Maya Viewport 2.0 scrambles my screen. Please help me.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by yespi, Jul 11, 2013.

1. yespi macrumors member

I'm using Maya 2014 on my 13" MacBook Pro core i5 2011.

When I'm entering the viewport 2.0 render engine the upper 2/3 of my screen (see picture attached) immediately gets scrambled showing weirded lines forcing me to restart the computer by pressing on the power button.

I was looking and asking for this question on other Maya forums but with no response. So if anyone can please, please help me, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much in advance.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373602092.972404.jpg

2. dusk007 macrumors 68040

dusk007

Reinstall all your OS and Software and hope it disappears. Otherwise it is a hardware issue. Faulty RAM or broken GPU/CPU.
    I very much doubt you will find some magical setting that lets such an error disappear. Those should never happen if the software (drivers, low level routines) or hardware isn't corrupted, or many people would report them.

3. yespi thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the quick response.

Is there a way to check for faulty RAM or broken GPU/CPU without reinstalling everything?

4. dusk007 macrumors 68040

dusk007

Google is your friend.
    http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1509

I don't think you can check whether the chips themselves have a problem other than running something like furmark for a whole night and seeing if it runs into any problems. But whether that would even catch a potentially specific error hm? It is probably more a shot in the dark that might catch something serious.

Check the RAM and reinstall if that doesn't show any problems.

5. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

Why google when someone can mouth feed you?:p