Universal Autodesk Sketchbook just went free...

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by campyguy, Apr 30, 2018.

1. campyguy macrumors 68040

No more IAPs, no email required (there never was I think?), and no more Pro subscription for one of my favorite iOS apps. I paid for the app and a couple of IAPs in the past but didn't sign up for the Pro subscription. After updating I see several new brushes as well.

2. TiggrToo macrumors demi-goddess

TiggrToo

Sounds like they're focusing on the Enterprise market. They say this doesn't mean they're phasing out the personal one. However, if I had a buck for every time I heard a business make such statements then...well.

You still need an Autodesk Id to use it though - not so sure why that is, if it's now free. o_O

3. campyguy thread starter macrumors 68040

Agreed, however, I would put some coin down that they'll support it in the future given their history. The two schools that I hire interns from partner with Autodesk, and the students can sign up for a 3-year free subscription to most of Autodesk's apps, and can renew if they stay in school for advanced degree programs - Autodesk has offered their program going back around 8 years now. Also, their Fusion 360 program is no-cost for enthusiasts and SMBs that profit less than $100k per year - access to Autodesk's rendering servers alone is a resource worth plenty to those who qualify...

I make my interns aware of Autodesk's offers during the interview process, so they're aware of it whether they work with me or not. Cheers!

I noticed that the desktop app also went free for personal usage, but only when downloaded from their web portal - no word on updates posted on the Windows Store or MAS.

4. sracer macrumors 604

sracer

IMG_0607.JPG
    I just downloaded it and it still requires an email.

5. campyguy thread starter macrumors 68040

No worries, the bit you quoted was alluding to the iOS app when I made my OP. I own several AD professional suites with a pretty hefty yearly bill - I've never been pestered by AD in 25-odd years. Still a fair deal IMO.