Autofill help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by bill4588, Oct 10, 2007.

1. bill4588 macrumors 6502a

bill4588

My Uni's online system used to remember my username and password (using Safari) but ever since a friend of mine logged on with my computer, the page no longer remembers my username and password and I have to enter it every time. Is there a way I can let it remember my username and password again like it used to?

2. blodwyn macrumors 65816

Have you looked in Safari preferences on the autofill tab. You can edit the settings for different forms/websites there

3. bill4588 thread starter macrumors 6502a

bill4588

the page that i want to remember my username and password isn't on the list of sites, but I don't see an option for adding it. I just would like it to ask if I want to save the info like it normally does the first time I log in.

4. blodwyn macrumors 65816

I think the thing I would try next is to delete the cookies for that site. On the security tab in the preferences there's a button to show the cookies. You can find the site on that list and delete any cookies relating to the site. Maybe next time you visit the site it will prompt you to save the password info - I'm not sure about this though